Twitter Follow Button

Instagram

Tuesday 24 June 2014

NVIDIA Graphics card, "display brightness not changing" issue Solved

(Note : It is recommended that in some cases, when the latest drivers don't solve the issue, the 314.21 driver should be installed and the registry tweak should be performed as given here. If this works, you might be able to update to the latest drivers without a problem)

For more than a year, I didn't download any NVIDIA Driver Update because I feared that it would initiate the brightness problem again. A few days back, I contacted them asking about the current status. They said that the bug had been fixed and I wouldn't have to visit my registry this time.

I updated to the 337.88 (https://goo.gl/DYa3XI) driver on my Windows 8.1 Lenovo G460 and Voila! It worked, and I happily sat there changing my screen brightness for a few minutes with the satisfaction that it had been fixed.

The link provided above is only for some Notebooks. Please check the "Supported Products" Tab before downloading the 333 MB update. If you don't see your GeForce model in the list of supported ones, you can visit this page to get the latest driver information.

If you don't know your device configuration or product information, open NVIDIA Control Panel, click on Help → System Information.

If you still aren't able to change your brightness, see this post.

Did this fix your problem? Are you facing any issues? Feel free to leave a comment and I'll be glad to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment